Laboratory Career Opportunities
We invite applications from graduate students interested in neuroscience, genetics, molecular and cell biology and developmental biology.
Postdoctoral positions are currently available to explore:
- The role of immune system cells (monocytes and T cells) in brain tumors and brain development
- How human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) can be used as models of human disease (stem cell engineering)
- The molecular basis for sex differences in central nervous system disease
- How cell growth is regulated by intracellular signaling pathways in a cell type-, brain region-, and mouse strain-specific manner (context-specific growth control)
- The role of stem cells in pediatric brain tumor development (cancer cells of origin) and maintenance (cancer stem cells)
Candidates should have a PhD, MD or equivalent degree. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Most importantly, candidates should be creative, independent and dedicated to building a career in these fields.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and will adhere to current NIH guidelines.
Please send an updated CV along with a short cover letter containing a description of your prior research experience and accomplishments, future research interests and career goals, and expected availability date (no more than one page) to David H. Gutmann, MD, PhD, at email@example.com.